In the autumn, whales move south following shoals of herring – we rely on reports of sightings from local fishermen so trips may be organised at short notice and are likely to be about 3 hours. Not for the fainthearted – the weather in the autumn can be cold and trips can be wet!
Please complete this form if you would like to be added to our mailing list for availability.
Our cetacean (whales, dolphins & porpoises) spotting trip.
Adults £60, Children (Under 16) & Seniors (Over 65) £58
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This trip is only offered on a casual basis as and when weather conditions permit.
When we plan on running one, we will advertise it on our socials and booking will be available on this website through our booking system, FareHarbor.
Fast Boat Trip
10NMI off Lowestoft
3 Hrs 45 Mins Approx
A unique, one of its kind trip, offering the chance to search for and find cetaceans and interesting sea birds.
We head out to sea (approx 10 nautical miles) and travel parallel with the coast for up to 25 nautical miles trying to spot species of interest which could be fin or humpback whales, bottlenose or white beaked dolphins or harbour porpoises alongside skuas and shearwaters.
We aim to spot and record sightings of whales, dolphins and porpoises (known as cetaceans) and sea birds. We report that we’ve done a search and any sightings to the Sea Watch Foundation https://www.seawatchfoundation.org.uk and you can too.
- Departure from our berth at MTB 102 Trust
- Leisurely 4 knot journey downstream, passing under the towns Bascule Bridge before heading out to sea
- Head east (out to sea) for around 10 Nautical Miles (NMI)
- Travel parallel with the coast for around 25 Nautical Miles, looking out for fin or humpback whales; bottlenose or white-beaked dolphins; harbour porpoises alongside skuas and shearwaters.
- Return journey
Important Things To Know
- This is a fast open boat trip
- This trip goes out to sea
- The trip is weather dependant and offered on a casual basis as and when
- You may get very wet and cold and are advised to dress accordingly
- This is a long expeditionary style boat trip
Look out for blows, fins and maybe breaches for signs of the activity in the area – communication with other vessel operators including fishing, sailing, lifeboats, windfarm etc, in the area is key and great at gaining intelligence!
See here for how to find us: https://www.jetadventures.co.uk/how-to-find-us/
*Weather Dependant means we require favourable weather conditions in order for the trip to be comfortable for passengers. This is normally determined by the wind speed/direction. If we think weather may be a problem, this will be communicated to you ASAP.
Updates – we’ll post here whenever we do one of these trips so you can see our sightings:
Headed SE from Lowestoft, then north and back via Scroby Sands. Saw lots of seals and many different sea birds but no cetaceans this trip.